What's NEW

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Grow a Beard?! Why Not?!?



People call it a goatee while others may refer to it as bush, whiskers, mustache  fuzz, or for some they might describe it as facial hair; all of which are synonymous to the notorious beard. Yes the beard, a collection of hair that grows on the chin, upper lip, cheeks and neck.

Men with facial hair have been ascribed to both positive as well as negative interpretations. Pleasant remarks would denote men with beard as masculine, higher wisdom, higher status and even sexual virility while the downside of it, especially in modern times, is the notion on lack of personal hygiene and loss of class and subtlety.

Whatever the interpretations are, I always wonder what it feels like to grow a beard. My dad used to have one and didn't see him as untidy so why not try it. At first I was a bit skeptical because I was used to having no beard and shaves on a daily basis. Basically, everything falls on a trial basis maybe I can consider keeping the look, totally committing to the whole facial hair stuff or have a change of heart. Either way as long as I am happy then I don’t see any problem.

I admit that, in the past, I have a lot of insecurities especially about how I look and what I want everybody to see me as. In this social strata where there’s a need to impress others, one’s physical qualities must be at par of other’s criteria so as they say; but not for me. I believe that being you is more satisfying than altering one’s self for other people.

REMEMBER: You have to create a track record of breaking your own mold, or at least other people's idea of that mold. 

0 comments: